Monday, September 15, 2014

Introduction to My Office

I am working in Washington D.C. in the House of Representatives for Representative Richard Hanna. His office works as the representative of New York’s district 22 to congress while also representing congress to the constituents in district 22.  My office has many responsibilities to the citizens in district 22 including working as a form of liaison to many government agencies. Our office is also required to explain the representative’s vote for each bill. Richard Hanna works to try to represent the people’s opinion through his votes. The office staff’s job include acting as a specialist in all government issues, writing constituent letters, dealing with communication issues and media requests, and continuing to develop the representatives evolving policies.
            My role in the office changes daily. I usually database mail, answer constituent phone calls, write constituent mail, and update Richard Hanna’s social medias. I also do anything the office needs me too. I am usually asked to organize the office in many different ways like re-doing the letter organization system or organizing the kitchen and front desk area. Basically, I will do whatever the office needs me to do. One of most important requirements of my job is giving tours to constituents. I give tours throughout the entire capitol building and galleries in order to educate the citizens about the legislative process. I love working there so far and I can’t wait to continue my journey in congress.


2 comments:

  1. Hi James, this sounds like a fun and busy internship. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences in Washington D.C.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome you got the opportunity to intern in Washington DC. I'm pretty sure you are enjoy your stay out there, there is soo much to see in DC. Your internship sounds very busy and it looks like you have a lot to do. This also reminds me of my days working at the House of Representative in Arizona as a house Page.

    ReplyDelete