Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Career Development Workshop- Networking

I went to a career development workshop and later a practice networking session event in Washington DC. It was incredibly interesting to learn the proper and necessary techniques to network and gain better understanding of how DC professionals communicate. I learned the necessary topics that must be covered in every introduction and the details of what to say and not to say when getting to know somebody.

When we went to the practice session I met with over 20 other Washington DC interns, which really helped me learn how to network in a completely new place. At first it was incredibly awkward. I never thought I would be socially awkward but it felt incredibly fake and forced but by the end of the night I understood the importance of meeting other young professionals. I was incredibly impressed by the talent that was in the room and by associating with them I too felt incredibly valued.  I also was worried that everybody would discount me because I was an intern but once I told people I was an intern they understood everything because they were once interns as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment