While I have been in D.C. I have
been visiting the monuments has been an interesting experience because I feel
like I am viewing history but what is weird is that it is the same place as
where I work. I had friends come into the city from Australia and I acted as a
tour guide for them while they visited. My internship also allowed for them to
get some special access to certain parts of the capitol. I gave them a tour of
the capitol building as well as got them special passes to visit the senate
gallery, which was a truly amazing experience. I let my friends watch what I
hope to do in the future and they got to experience how the United States
senate and house run. We went to the Supreme Court building, the library of
congress, and visited several of the Smithsonian museums.
When
I thought about D.C. and the monuments I never realized how close everything is
together. I didn’t really understand that the national mall contains pretty
much everything to see in D.C. that is touristy. I loved being able to walk out
of the Smithsonian museum of natural history and walk directly to the
Washington Monument. Getting to visit the Vietnam Memorial was also pretty
inspiring and amazing as well. The history is alive in the city and I feel like
I am apart of it. I can’t wait to explore the city more and possibly see some
more historical sites and things.
I have visited Washington D.C. twice and I love it. I like how the mall consists of all the tourist sites as well. I'm glad you are enjoying D.C. and hope you feel that way when the snow starts falling down. It can get cold there.
ReplyDelete