Monday, September 1, 2014

Introduction and Three Goals

Welcome to my internship blog! My name is James Macdonald. I currently attend Arizona State University and Barrett Honors College as a rising junior. I am studying public policy and political science. I hope to attend law school and eventually have a career in politics. Currently, I am interning in Washington DC as a policy intern at Representative Richard Hanna’s office in congress. I hope to gain a lot from this experience but I have made myself three main goals that I hope to attain by the end of the internship.

My three goals are:

1.  To develop leadership skills by working under top politicians
2.  To perform highly in extremely time-sensitive and stressful situations
3.  To expand my knowledge of the national political process and bill the law system


My internship begins tomorrow and I am extremely nervous for it to begin but I know that once I begin I will become more comfortable in my environment. Cross your fingers and wish me good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hello James, this internship sounds great. I want to do a second internship during my masters, so I think that this one is on my agenda. I am looking forward to sharing your experiences through your blog. You will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, you have a wonderful internship! I lived in Washington D C for many years and have to say there is nothing like visiting the monuments and museums. It's great that you get to give tour and learn about public policy while educating others. You will make a great politician ! I look forward to reading more blogs from you. Good luck

    ReplyDelete